The decision to replace or repair heating equipment is always one that should be made with the advice of our experts at Star City. We’ll evaluate the age and health of your system and give you a realistic forecast for future repairs.
Every home’s heating is unique. But our Comfort Techs will inspect your current furnace and help you make the best decision about keeping your home reliably warm. As HVAC systems age and repair frequency increases, there comes a time when a new heating system will save you money in the long run.
There are several reasons a furnace may not be producing warm air. Try these troubleshooting tips that might help solve the problem:
- Make sure your thermostat is set to the right temperature and on the “HEAT” setting.
- See if your furnace air filter is clean. These should be replaced every 3 months. A clogged filter will prevent airflow.
- Is the fresh air intake clear? This will be on the outside of your home. Make sure there is no debris, ice, or snow blocking the intake area.
- If you have an older furnace, check the pilot light. Make sure it is in the ON position and lit.
Your furnace is a complicated appliance that requires expert knowledge to repair. If problems persist after checking the items above, call us to diagnose the problem. You can call Star City 7 days a week.
While some heating repairs just can’t be avoided, annual care and maintenance can reduce the risk of unforeseen problems. Annual heating tune-ups give professionals a chance to assess your home’s heating system and recommend the best steps for comprehensive care.
Investing in the health of your home’s heating system can prevent more expensive repairs from occurring. Catching problems early is always the best strategy for preventing repairs on your furnace, heat pump, or mini-split heating.
There are signs that tell you your furnace isn’t running smoothly and might need repair. The most obvious clue is a lack of warm air blowing or no airflow coming from your furnace. Also be aware of:
- Strange or loud noises coming from your furnace
- Strange smells or odors when your furnace is operating
- Higher energy bills than you’re used to
- Difficulty maintaining a constant temperature in your home
If you notice any of these unusual things, it’s time to call Star City for a furnace fix!