Getting to the bottom of an AC issue usually requires the help of a Star City expert. Our Comfort Techs run full diagnostics on your cooling system to determine the best way to get it working right.
But here are some things you can look for yourself when the cold air stops flowing. Check for the following while you’re waiting for one of our service techs:
- Make sure your thermostat is at the right temperature and set to COOL mode.
- Take a look at your AC filter. If it’s clogged or blocked, this can affect performance.
- When condenser coils are frozen, it can prevent them from properly cooling. If this is the case, turn off your air conditioner so the coils can thaw. Keep off until there is no visible ice or frost.
- Registers take air back into your AC system. If this area is blocked or covered, it can affect air temperature.
Older AC equipment constantly giving you headaches may be due for an upgrade. If your air conditioner is no longer under warranty, it’s worth considering a replacement. Ask the following questions when you’re deciding between AC repair and replacement:
- Is your air conditioner over 10 years old?
- Does your unit require frequent repairs?
- Are your energy bills climbing?
- Is it difficult to cool your entire home with your current AC?
At Star City Heating & Cooling, our pricing is ALWAYS upfront. Our AC technicians assess your broken air conditioner and help you decide on the best steps for keeping your home comfortable all summer.
Some AC repairs just can’t be avoided, especially if you have older equipment. But annual care and maintenance can reduce the risk of unforeseen problems. Annual Air Conditioner Tune-Ups allow our professionals to assess your home’s cooling system and recommend the best steps for comprehensive care.
Tune-ups not only prevent major AC repairs from occurring but also help increase the efficiency of your air conditioning system.
A surefire sign that your air conditioner is having trouble is when there’s no cold air. But other signs can mean something is wrong with your cooling system:
- Reduced airflow when your AC is turned on.
- Strange smells or odors (musty) when your AC is operating.
- Unusual or loud noises are coming from your air conditioner.
- Higher energy bills than usual.
- Difficulty maintaining a constant temperature in your home.
If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s worth calling Star City to have one of our cooling experts take a look.