Should You Clean Your
Air Ducts? | Lincoln NE
Duct cleaning with Star City Heating & Cooling is a great way to improve your indoor air quality.
How Do Air Ducts Work?
A typical duct system consists of supply and return ducts. Supply ducts supply your home or business with the temperature controlled air to various parts of the home or office. Return ducts return fresh air back to the heating and cooling units to begin the heating and cooling cycle all over again.
Why Clean Air Ducts?
The cleanliness of your air duct system directly affects indoor air quality. As an air tunnel distributor, dirt, allergens, debris, and smells, can become trapped, especially if used as dust pans. As air is distributed, the pollutants are too. Air filters are suppose to catch the debris, but how much is stopped depends on how consistently the filters are cleaned, and what type of filters are being used. Our Home Air Filter page is a great resource for you to help decide which filter may be best for you.
When to Clean Air Ducts?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends cleaning your air ducts about every two to five years. How often you have them cleaned should be also be measured by the type of activities that take place in and outside the home, the amount of pollution around the home or business, how many pets are living inside, and the level of allergens you are affected by.
Duct cleaning may help allergies, but in the long run, if your allergies are still an issue, check out our
air scrubber page. The Air Scrubber has done wonders to help relieve allergies, asthmatic issues, odors, and indoor air quality.
Here is a quick list of considerations to help you decide whether or not to clean your air ducts:
- Can you see visible deposits of contaminants?
- Are there large deposits of dust, dirt, or mold building up?
- Is there a funky smell every time your heating or air system turns on?
- Have you remodeled in or around your home?
- Have you just moved into a new home?
Air Duct Cleaning Equipment
Star City Heating & Cooling uses Abatement Technology equipment; aka the highest standard of duct cleaning equipment available. Star City is equipped for all sizes of residential homes.
Air Duct Cleaning Process
- Shoe covers and floor covers are used to protect your interior flooring
- The supply and return networks are “zoned,”, to allow each branch to be independently cleaned
- Blue film placed over all vents to create a tight suction
- Access points are created every four feet
- An access hole is created to attach the power vacuum
- The supply system of the duct-work is cleaned first before moving onto the return side
- Anti-microbial spray is used to distinguish lingering bacteria
- Once clean, all access holes are resealed with cover plates, and blue film is removed
Air Duct Pricing
Our high quality duct cleaning is an excellent way to enhance your indoor environment. Give us a call today to discuss your personal pricing options.
“Always there when we need them.”
– Customer Since 2003