Should You Clean Your
Air Ducts? | Lincoln NE
Duct cleaning with Star City Heating & Cooling is a great way to improve your indoor air quality.
How Do Air Ducts Work?
A typical duct system consists of supply and return ducts. Supply ducts supply your home or business with the temperature controlled air to various parts of the home or office. Return ducts return fresh air back to the heating and cooling units to begin the heating and cooling cycle all over again.
Why Clean Air Ducts?
The cleanliness of your air duct system directly affects the your indoor air quality. As the air distribution tunnel for your air, it can trap dirt, allergens, debris, and smells, especially if they are used as dust pans for those who like to sweep dirt into the vents! When the air passes through it carries these pollutants to all corners of your home. If you think filters are good enough to stop the debris from entering the air, you need to consider how consistently the filters are cleaned, and what type of filters are being used. Our Home Air Filter page is a great resource for you to help decide which filter may be best for you.
When to Clean Air Ducts?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends cleaning your air ducts about every two to five years. How often you have them cleaned should be also be measured by the type of activities that take place in and outside the home, the amount of pollution around the home or business, how many pets are living inside, and the level of allergens you are affected by. Duct cleaning may help allergies, but in the long run, if your allergies are still an issue, I recommend that you check out our air scrubber page. We have seen lots of success with relieving allergies and asthmatic issues with this product.
Here is a quick list of considerations to help you decide whether or not to clean your air ducts.
- Can you see visible deposits of contaminants?
- Are there large deposits of dust, dirt, or mold building up?
- Is there a funky smell every time your heating or air system turns on?
- Have you remodeled in or around your home?
- Have you just moved into a new home?
Air Duct Cleaning Equipment
Our Abatement Technology equipment meets national standards for source removal duct cleaning. It is the highest standard of duct cleaning equipment available. A negative pressure environment and use multiple tools to break up, dislodge, and scrub the air ducts clean. It’s a great way to recover lost wedding rings, toys, and rodents. You’ll be your family’s hero once they get their prized possessions back!
Air Duct Cleaning Process
- The supply and return networks are “zoned,”, to allow each branch to be independently cleaned.
- The power vacuum creates high speed air movement within the supply duct-work to pull dirt and contaminants out of the duct-work and into the vacuum’s filtration/collection system.
- Agitation tools are used to dislodge encrusted debris from inside the duct runs.
- The loosened debris is then captured by the HEPA-AIRE Power Vacuum in its multi-stage filtration/collection system.
- The supply system of the duct-work is cleaned first and then the return ducts.
- Once clean, all access holes are completely closed with cover plates, and blue film is removed.
Contact us today for your free consultation!
“Always there when we need them.”
– Customer Since 2003