If your indoor climate is too dry, or too humid, it may be time to upgrade to a new Central Humidifier.
What’s the right amount of humidity?
Dry air is harmful to your furniture, paintings, and woodwork, making them prone to cracks and aging. Dry air also is known to cause:
- dry skin
- bloody noses
- itchy throat and eyes
- cracked lips
High humidity can cause
- Mold, bacteria, allergens, and asthma issues
- Indoor condensation
- Muggy air
Automatic or Manual Central Humidifier,
Which one is right for you?
There are two types of Trane Central Humidifiers that can be connected to any brand of furnace: automatic and manual. An automatic humidifier has a sensor that self-regulates humidity levels in home areas as large as 4,000 square feet. With a manual humidifier, levels are preset and easily adjusted through the owner’s thermostat.
Before installing, our service technicians consider the spacing, the type of heating and cooling system setup, and the type of thermostat that is currently in place. These factors determine which kind of whole home humidifier is best for your home or business.
The Quick Version of How Central Humidifiers Work
To measure humidity levels, whole home humidifiers use a humidity sensing control which cycles a humidifier on and off to regulate up to 4,000 square feet of indoor areas. Water is supplied to the distribution tray, which introduces water vapor into the air. The humidified air is then distributed throughout your home through your ductwork, creating a more comfortable and sterile atmosphere.
Humidifier Information Bits to Ponder
- Humidifier Pads should be replaced and maintenance performed annually
- Easily done with our VIP maintenance plan
- Trane Humidifiers work effectively with any type of water
- Humidity is lost at a faster rate than heat
- Fireplace dampers provide an excellent escape route for humidity. Keep these closed when not in use.
- Mineral deposits in a distribution tray provides an excellent track for the water to follow, making an even flow over the humidifier pad.
- Do not clean this off unless it blocks the opening
Contact us today for your free consultation!
Trane Comfort Specialists Guarantee
With Star City Heating and Cooling you can relax and trust that we conduct our business in a way that will put your needs first by making the process easy, comfortable, and informative. If we don’t exceed your expectations, then we failed to meet ours.
“Very Friendly, and professional. Thoroughly explained issues and options, and answered all questions without beating around the bush.”
– Valued Customer